Monday, October 02, 2006

Mommy's Thanksgiving Post

In my life, I have many things to be thankful for. I have lived and am living a very blessed life. One of my biggest blessings, and biggest reminders of how blessed I am is this little angel. I love my baby girl so so so much. I love how everyday I have a tangible reminder of the love her daddy and I have for each other. I love how she walks around all day saying "dada", the love of her life up til now, reminding me of what a wonderful man God has blessed me with.
I love how this little girl baffles me sometimes, so much so that I phone my mom who I know will offer me sound advice and encouragement in my parenting abilities. I know that I can be a good parent for her because I had the best and for that I am thankful.
I love how innocent my baby is and how excited she gets about the simplest things. I love how she opens my eyes to what is going on in the world around me.
I love how happy I make her and how just seeing me can make her face light up like this(above). I love the feeling of purpose that being a mom gives me. I love mattering so much to someone and, selfishly, I love being the only one she wants to see when she is sad or upset.
I love how this little girl can take a hopelessly bad day and do something silly and turn it into a hopelessly good day.I love her sense of humor and how happy she almost always is. I love how, for the most part, this(below) is what she is like even while she is working on 5 new teeth. I love how the sickest she has ever been is a cold and that is only been once, reminding me of God's protection.
I love how God can use someone so little to remind me of how much He loves me and has blessed me and wants to bless me even more.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am on my second time around being blessed by motherhood. I am so thankful for this little doll. She is so adorable. Only 10 more sleeps and I get to hug her any time I want to.
Love and more love
Grandma

Margaret said...

Cindi, I think you have one of the cutest little angels ever sent by God. Thanks for being so dilegent with posting all those pictures.
Sue, I am happy for you that you get to see your little angel again in a few days. You must miss her terribly.

Melanie said...

Geez. I can't read these things anymore, I'm almost in tears...I LOVE that last picture of her, I think it's the prettiest one I've seen yet. Thanks for reminding me that it's thanksgiving and that I have MUCH to be thankful.

Anonymous said...

Her little angel is cute and i cant wait to see her and play wit her in her back yard. 11 more sleeps i think. i love you chloe

Unknown said...

Goodness, this post gave me shivers and nearly made me cry! She is so beautiful. I don't know what else to say right now, kind of speechless.

Anonymous said...

This song came to mind as I was looking at these pictures and remembering back to when my babies were small.


I HOPE YOU NEVER LOSE YOUR SENSE OF WONDER,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance..........

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance,
Livin' like me, takin' chances, but they're worth takin',
Lovin' might be a mistake, but it's worth makin',
Don't let some Hell bent heart leave you bitter,
If you come close to sellin' out reconsider,
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,
Tell me who wants to look back on their years
and wonder where those years have gone.)

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

Dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance..
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,
Tell me who wants to look back on their years
and wonder where those years have gone.)

8 more sleeps Tootsie Lou
Love you lots
Grandma

Melanie said...

HEY!! CHLOE!!! We share a cute nickname! We're nickname buddies! That just made my whole day.

Carol said...

She is just the prettiest little girl I have seen in a long time.

Anonymous said...

Only 5 more sleeps!!!
Love Gramdma & Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Cindi, it just does my heart good to hear how blessed you feel by being a mother. I have been one now for many years and it is the greatest thing in the world. Next to that of course is being a grandma which is something else that is bringing me unbelievable joy!!.
Chloe, you are beautiful!!